Until now, a key quality differentiating the traditional DMC and with the B2C type of selling is high-touch personalization which gives a traveler enhanced holiday experience . DMC's have it. WEB not so much. The Hotel search site booking.com is allowing the travelers to score the hotel based on the experience, by giving travelers a way to comparison shop using criteria such as clean, comfort, Location, staff, Facilities & value for money to match the personal expectations.
But the new trend of selling through web-portals is creating a fracas in the T&T Trade and is about to change the equation. Many hotels are beginning to move from the “rational” distribution model of DMC to the “inspirational” distribution to the direct traveler.
The concept of inspirational distribution is not new. One of the earliest and best examples was Travelocity’s Experience Finder, introduced about six years ago, which enabled the user to shop by categories such as “experience-romance,” “self-indulgence,” “culture” or “history,” to name a few.
In short, said Kabir Ali Baig , chief Executive officer and a Travel Technology expert, Hotels' are using web as a last minute inventory dumping yard which is nothing but a new competitive package for DMC having its own effect.
Now, it is essential to understand the equation form the various perspectives and get prepared for it. below comparison table which illustrates the pro and corns form the Hoteliers view
|Last Minute Inventory Distribution||Planned Inventory distribution & Last minute offers|
|Mostly Individual Travelers representing corporate||Holiday Travelers|
|Used by Middle class travelers who are conscious about availability & price||Targeted to all travelers, Specially towards higher Middle class & High Class service conscious traveler|
|Provides only Hotel Transfers & Accommodation by ensuring Hotel stay||Provides compete ground handling with additional services such as Excursions, VISA, Car Hire & Inter City Transfers e.t.c.|
|Distribution via WEB||Distribution via B2B channel via Tour Operators & Travel Agents|
|Standard Support||More personalized & extended support for Travelers|
|20% Non frequent travelers||80% Frequent Travelers|
It's not necessary that every new emerging technology will change the equation of the conventional business practices, DMC's have their own benefits provided its realized by the decision makers who are taking the tactical decisions as well as deciding the go to market strategy , Global Innovations has designed their latest software I-ITIENERARY by keeping such aspects into consideration.
To elaborate this further let's understand each benefits of WEB which can be countered with a combination of I-ITIENERARY technology tools & conventional best practices.
Now, I-ITIENERARY is an ERP suite for Small, Medium and Large travel technology enterprises. This suite of software contains various modules which are connected with a single information repository, below are the list of modules with some basic description.
Accounts Module : A financial module developed keeping the T&T Trade fundamentals & catering to automation of single point data entry at the time of booking which leads to Auto posting of Invoices , purchase bills, debit note, credit note to accounts from back office. this also include the accounting of cancellation of a posted bookings. It's also have various other intelligent reporting which gives statistics & analytics related to the revenue performance of the supplier, consultants, customers, salesman.
Following are some of the additional benefits
- Accounts receivable management including customer statement, customer aging, credit management.
- Accounts payable including supplier statements, aging and outstanding statements.
- Supplier and customer reconciliation.
- Bank reconciliation and PDC management.
- Payment allocation for customers and suppliers.
- Reports including balance sheet, profit and loss ,ledgers, AR, AP, bank, cash supplier productivity. the module also allows With a facility to drill down to group wise, branch wise & month wise.
- Transactions statistics showing results filter by percentage, amount e.t.c. for a P/L of a transaction
- Multiple cost centre.
- Cash flow, Sales budgeting.
- Branching : which allows the corporation to segregate complete accounting information, transactions, data , reports on a branch level.
Cash: With I-ITIENERARY accounts module a typical DMC can avail aging & outstanding to follow better cash management practices to have a timely account payables to suppliers & ensure the credit facility is not exploited.
Extranet (Supplier On-Line) : This module enables DMC to enhance supplier process and provide the best possible solutions for yield management. This not only helps in increasing hotel occupancy rates but also provides the best possible rates for hotels and other tourist services. Majorly like web it allows the Suppliers or Hoteliers to publish last-minute offers for a DMC. Additional benefits include the following
- Allocations Management : the supplier can enter allocations directly using the supplier login
- Stop Sale : can put stop sale for a particular rate, allocation.
- Blackout : Publish blackout duration.
- Booking Confirmation: can respond & process bookings
Contracting Module : A setup module which allows the DMC to enter all types of supplier and customer contracts and define the operational business rules, availability of service , rates , markups, supplements, offers ,promotions, customers and suppliers profiles, allocation, allotments, stop sale, blackouts, free sale, cancellation policy, child policy. e.t.c Additionally its worth mentioning that the system has a following additional benefits
- Markups : The system allows a DMC to put markup at Customer level, Product level, Category markup, H2H markup ,GSA markup & POS(Point of Sale) markup
- Allows a Single Screen Rate Entry & management of all combinable & non combinable offers.
- Allocation management
- Upload product info such as Profiles, Text, Images for slide show at B2B e.t.c.
Furthermore, this Contracting Module is based on configurable business logic which can be controlled by the contract manager and stall on day to day basis for operating all possible types of dynamic & tactical changes of the industry.
Back office : a back office process workflow module which allows the reservation staff to process the bookings by handling correspondences between suppliers & customers for day to day operations such as Booking management, Customer management , Customer credit limit management, Vouchers, Invoices, confirmation report, itinerary report, Automation report, Supplier management(sending bookings to supplier), Call center management, Traffic sheet management, Airport Rep management, Arrivals, Departures, Vehicle management, suchufer management e.t.c. it also has the required MIS reports which includes customer productivity, supplier productivity, consultant productivity, room night productivity, revenue productivity , (vehicle management driver management, reports). Additional benefits include
- Booking trace, amendment of booking, Cancellation of booking, Switch booking.
- Visa management, online visa application, Data capture, status follow up, online, passport and other relevant document upload.
- Management dashboard, KPI’s including customers, suppliers and booking related graphical statistics.
- User management :Role based internal user management.
- Handling priorities and emergencies.
Distribution of Inventory: I-ITIENERARY has all possible channels of distribution of inventory to potential markets through following mediums
B2B : A web based module for direct customers to make booking with the system and pay through credit card & credit limit facility. This module is seamlessly integrated with Back office and contracting providing following major benefits
- Map based Search and online booking with List view & Map view for search results for hotels.
- Facility to add additional services such as Transfers, Excursions , Visas & Car Hair
- Modern Look & Feel with Ajax
- Enhanced filters which list property based on budget, stars , location e.t.c.
- Displays Rates showing per night & total & Inclusive rates (to be displayed for different basis) with location
- Powerful Property Slide show showing images
- Provides facility to Customers for mailing hotel profile to travelers, displays Notifications & alerts on booking which ensures a proactive follow-up on the cancellations
- Excel Tariff Printing & Downloading for customers
- Allows Packages Selling facility on B2B
- New booking Tray to monitor & track the total bookings made
- Visa Form.
GSA (White labeling)
I-ITIENERARY GSA module helps the DMC to enhance the area of operation, which can be done by appointing a GSA (general Sales Agent) this module allows the GSA to set their own markup & set new customers on B2B white labeled platform . This module also provides a detailed report on the transaction done by agents of the GSA and commission details earned.
The system provides outward XML which is completely based on OTA standards ,customers can have choice to plug it onto their own system to avail competitive offerings, The XML is currently used by I-ITENERARY B2B module.
Smart Phone Application (Android)
Distribution of inventory via I-PAD application for the airport representatives/travellers to amend existing bookings and choose more services
BAM (BI Module) : I-ITENERARY travel ERP has an inbuilt business intelligence called BAM business activity monitoring, This is a next level of software providing high value intelligence to the DMC decision makers. In today's technology era its essentials to have predictive analysis , trend analysis , KPIs , Scorecards & Dashboard. I-ITNERAY module does it all. Below are some more valuable reporting of the this module.
- Top 10 customer (room night, volume) : Top 10 Customers with options such as No Of Bookings, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked, Revenue From Accounts (Posted) for a selected period i.e. last week, last month etc.
- Top 10 customer products (based on supplier) : Top 10 Customers based on Selected Supplier with options like No Of Bookings, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked, Revenue From Accounts (Posted) for a selected period i.e. last week, last month etc.
- Top 10 suppliers (room night, volume) : Top 10 Suppliers with options such as No Of Bookings, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked, Revenue From Accounts (Posted) for a selected period i.e. last week, last month etc.
- Top 10 consultants (region wise,6 months data/cancellation) : Top 10 Consultants with options like No Of Bookings, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked, Revenue From Accounts (Posted) based on criteria like All Bookings Region wise for a selected period (1 week,1 month, 6 months) Cancelled Bookings/Services Region wise for a selected period (1 week,1 month, 6 months) e. top 10 regional performance (room nights , volume) Booking category report (XML, BackOffice, B2B) f. top 10 sales man (room night, volume) Dash Board of Top 10 sales man with options like No Of Bookings, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked, Revenue From Accounts (Posted) for a selected period i.e. last week, last month etc.
- New agent count comparison statics between new & old customer Show the comparison Report of No of Bookings Booked, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked By Existing Customer and New Customer comparison based on booking channel; Show the comparison Report of No of Bookings Booked, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked through B2B,BackOffice and XML
- regional analysis Show the comparison Report of No of Bookings Booked, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked by region wise (CIS,GCC) based on category (4star, 5star etc)
- comparison between new & old consultants Show the comparison Report of No of Bookings Booked, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked By Existing Consultants and New Consultants
- number of booking/revenue per day (weekly trend) (actual & MIS) Show the Report of No of Bookings Booked, Revenue Generated Weekly From BackOffice and From Accounts (Posted)
- FIT/Groups/Cruise Show the comparison Report of No of Bookings Booked, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked based on Category of Booking (FIT, Group and Cruise)
- Number of booking/revenue supplier Show the comparison Report of No of Bookings Booked, Revenue Generated, No Of Nights Booked by Supplier
- number of booking/revenue customer how the Report of No of Bookings Booked, Revenue by Selected/All Customers Profitability
- booking vs. cancellation
- searches vs. booking
- booking channels
- quotes vs. booking
- GIT & FIT
- Sales budget
BAM is a full fledge ERP It contains the latest Business Analysis architecture & design which includes Cubes, Measures & Dimensions enabling business stakeholders to gain complete insight of business with various mixing, variations and filters to get any desired analysis. Since I-ITENERAY is a Travel ERP it brings the travel technology company to a competitive landscape in way that a DMC complement the Tour operators & WEB business instead of competing & allows presence of DMC to new markets with its strong distributions tools & fundamentals To anyone familiar with the T&T Trade it's a common knowledge that with a technology such as I-ITENERAY DMC business gets enabled over the WEB, Which is the real equation.